A Kaiser Health News article, Maryland’s First Green House Project Nursing Home Aids Low-Income Seniors, described a new community on the site of the old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore.
Associated Catholic Charities will run the Green House Residences at Stadium Place.
Am I mistaken or is does the headline contain an oxymoron? Is it possible to have a Green House Project Nursing Home? I think not, given that Dr. Bill Thomas calls himself a nursing home abolitionist. The two concepts most definitely should not appear in the same place!
You can check out other Green House Homes locations using this handy map.
To learn more please read these posts about Woodland Park Green House Homes, a new community at Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community.
- Woodland Park Green House Walls are Rising – April 28, 2012
- Green House Homes at Woodland Park (VMRC) Construction Update, April 8, 2012
- VMRC Construction Update: On Foundations Firmly Laid – April 3, 2012
- All About the VMRC Woodland Park Groundbreaking – January 5, 2012
- Green Houses for Older Elders
- Replacing a Nursing Community with Green House® Homes
- Nuts and Bolts of Green House Planning
- Building a Green House Home – The Inside
- To learn even more about Green House® Homes go to the web site and request the DVD and/or guide-book.
- To locate a community that features the Green House Project model, check out this handy map.