The other day I wrote about elder adults and falls after reading Bracing for the Falls of an Aging Nation, published in the November 2, 2014 New York Times. The author, Katie Hafner, wrote about the extreme challenges of falls for aging individuals. The next day, November 3rd, part II appeared. Katie Hafner’s second piece, A Tiny Stumble, A Life Upended, focused on one individual and her arduous recovery from a damaging fall. Both articles are worth reading.
My Past Blog Posts on Adult Falls
- Eurhythmics, Aging-Elders and Falls
- Different Falls – Different Interventions
- Aging Parents: Death from Falls, Part I (Part I of a series)
- Aging Parents: Death from Falls: Some Observations (Part II of the series)
- Aging Parents: Falls and In-Time Prevention (Part III of the series)
- Making Our Home Safer: For Aging Parents and for Ourselves – Shares the steps we took to improve our own house.
- Seniors, Exercise, and Preventing Falls